Now you can read our e-books on Apple mobile devices! All you need to do is login to your account on the JCLC downloadable webpage with your library card, get Adobe editions software on your computer, pick out your e-books and download it and transfer it to your favorite Apple device. Here's how:
1. On your computer, download Adobe Digital Editions and create an account. Authorize the Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) program with your Adobe ID. ADE will act as “home base” and authenticate your eBooks.
2. On your Apple device, download the free BlueFire Reader app (iTunes App Store) and create an account.
3. Launch BlueFire Reader. Tap “Info” and authorize the app with your Adobe Digital Editions ID.
Download an e-book:
1. On your computer, open a browser, go to the JCLC downloadable website and log in.
2. Find an e-book (Make sure it is epub, not mp3!). Click "download". A dialog box will open, select “Open with Adobe Digital Editions”. This will download the .epub (the actual book) file to your computer. The eBook will appear in ADE.
3. On your computer, locate the .epub file in the (My) Documents/My Digital Editions folder (or the equivalent on a Mac). Send yourself an email, with that .epub file as an attachment.
4. On your Apple device, check your email.
5. Tap on and hold the attachment’s icon until the fly-out menu appears which says “Open with BlueFire Reader”, then select it. The attachment’s icon will change to the BlueFire Reader logo.
6. The BlueFire Reader app will now launch and you can start reading! Once the checkout period has expired the file will deactivate from your device and your computer desktop.